Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Friday, July 25, 2008

Trapped

I am a prisoner in my own home these days....Jackson has some weird illness that entails 103 or higher fevers, so we're stuck at the house. Since its like 109 outside, we're actually stuck IN the house. I'm out of routines to entertain restless children. Jackson would like to run around, but he's been dizzy, so I've put the cabash on that. I thought I'd let him just sit and watch TV, but then Delaney just wants to do that and ends up with all this nervous energy. Meanwhile, I'm paranoid about Drew getting sick, so I'm trying to keep them all in separate rooms. An infant with a 103 fever? Not such good times, I'm thinking. So...I've been concocting a plan for this afternoon. I think I'm going to get Jackson set up watching a video (as in sneak into his room without Delaney's knowledge) and then do the reverse with getting Delaney set up running through the sprinklers. Can I pull it off? I'll have to let you know.

The kids have said some funny things lately, I just can't remember them all.....

1. About a month ago, I was putting Jackson to bed and asked what he wanted me to read to him. He said, "Mom, I just want to read for myself tonight." GASP! My heart sunk a little. He hasn't done that since then. I will miss his little boy self, but his bigger boy self is pretty fun also.

2. Delaney was talking to some dinosaur or dragon or killer monster toy in the car the other day (she does have a big brother, after all). She was telling the killer monster toy how precious he was to her in the sweetest voice. I almost drove off the road.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Jen,
We are prisoners over here too. It must be going arouond. Jessica had it and passed it to Connor a few days later. High fever, headache, dizzy and just feeling icky. No stomach issues though (thank goodness).