Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Monday, July 28, 2008

Peaches

Hi, my name is Jennifer and I just started putting up 30 lbs. of peaches. That's right - 2 times 15 pounds of sweet, delicious, organic peaches. I love Abundant Harvest (our produce supplier).

I filled three gallon-size freezer bags with cleaned, sliced peaches (and just a tad of apple juice.) I've got about a half-gallon sliced in the fridge, getting good and juicy for breakfast tomorrow. The rest (about 12 pounds) are still getting to the perfect ripe stage.

What would you do with them? Suggestions?

I'm making cobblers for friends this weekend. But other than straight out eating them (my sampling to ensure quality while slicing and storing resulted in a total consumption of about 3 peaches on my part!), other good recipes? I'm not making jam. Anything else? Send it my way, if you have other suggestions. Or, stop by if you like peaches.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

That is a LOT of peaches girl!
Cobbler sounds good....