Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Little Girl?

 


It's hard to remember sometimes that Delaney is barely 3. Here she is under her "princess reading tent" around the time Drew was born. She loves to sit and "read". Sometimes she'll sit and look at books for 45 minutes to an hour. She can be so sweet sometimes and other times, today for example, she hits rough patches and reminds me that she really is still in that toddler/preschooler stage. Everything seems to be about families for her. For example, I got out some blocks yesterday, trying to engage her in some creative building play. I built. She grouped them by color and then mixed them by size for "families." The "families" all had mommas and babies and talked in high-pitched voices. So, I worry sometime that she's too stereotypical girl and I want to encourage her adventurous side and her analytical side. Just as I start to worry, she does something like last night - rides her scooter at full speed, zipping around the patio, while wearing her full-length, multi-layered princess dress. The girl definitely has her own personality and she teaches me not worry - she will be herself no matter what I do. I do so love her!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: