Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Jackson's ballet performance

Yes, that's right....Jackson has been taking "ballet" lessons. It's really more of a pre-dance/ movement class; it's been good for him and he's enjoyed it. Okay, at the multi-cultural program at Kindergarten, the kids all looked so BIG, but at this dance recital, his class looked so tiny! The performance was absolutely precious although technically minus a few points. The evening went off without a hitch until after the finale when Jackson and another little girl locked themselves in lockers backstage. Apparently, they were playing in the lockers and had closed the doors once already without getting locked in, so they had decided to continue in their fun. This time, however, the lockers locked. The little girl was a bit panicked, but Jackson was relatively calm, like he does this sort of thing all the time. He told me later that he just took deep breaths. Needless to say, he got a longer-than-necessary lecture from me about lockers, refrigerators (lockers are a "gateway-drug" to locking yourself in other rectangular boxes, I'm sure of it!), and safety. Then, we all went to have some cookies, like nothing happened. Speaking of gateway drugs...Jackson has also announced that instead of participating in gymnastics or dance next year, he'd like to be bike racer. Hmmm....so we look this up online and find a BMX track not too far away. Nate thinks this would be cool, fun, good exercise. I'm starting to buy in to it when we see that it's next door to a motor dirt bike track. I'm positive that the BMX track is the gateway drug to motorized dirt bikes which I just can't handle. (I know, I'm such an anti-adrenaline junkie.) Besides, doesn't adrenaline just make wrinkles? Or is that worry? Either way, I've already discovered my first and second gray hairs! AGHHH! I've completely digressed. I'm sleepy - sorry!

Anyway, here's the video...it's a little fuzzy at the beginning, but gets better.

No comments: