Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Things we can't have...

As I write, Delaney is in the garage, playing with a kitten that is trying to adopt us. So far, Delaney is the only taker with kind intentions. The dogs knocked a number of things off the sofa table (there might even be a slobbery wet spot on the sofa) trying to get to the kitten on the front porch. The kitten, of course, can tell that I'm allergic and do not want to touch it and therefore has spent anytime I'm physically accessible, trying to rub against me. It makes me itchy just to think about it. Nate gave the kitten some water this morning out of kindness, but isn't really interested. Jackson, he could care less. I would like to get the kitten out of the garage so I can close the door - it of course has found every small space to hide in and under. In the meantime, Jackson would like me to read every new book that just came in the book order, but its nearing dinner time and I continue to battle laryngitis (for the fourth week in a row!). You might say, if its dinner time, why are you blogging and not making dinner. Well, the theme of the blog is things we can't have....so far the tally is...

1. The kitten and Delaney would like to have each other - not going to happen.
2. The dogs would like a kitten snack or maybe just a chew toy - not happening.
3. Jackson would like me to use the last of my voice to read to him - this actually sounds nice to me as well, but I've got to make dinner.
4. I would like to sit around a little longer and procrastinate, pretending that this is free time, with nothing waiting on me to do - all of these things are possible, but I've got a 2 year old playing with a stray kitten, dogs begging to eat said kitten, a five year old venturing to start his homework on his own and a growling tummy that reminds me its dinner time - pretend free time, not happening. I'd also like a glass of wine - that's not happening either.

Anyway, if I can help you make something happen, I would love to. I'm tired of things that aren't happening and telling little people what they can't have.

By the way, if you would like a kitten, its pretty cute.

No comments: