Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Random Notes of Interest...


Good friends...
I spent the day today with good friends Kimberly and Heidi. We had lunch and got our toes done. One of my favorite moments was watching Kimberly, who is rather petite, get tossed about in the pedicure chair. She seemed to enjoy it though. It was great to have some time to really catch up, talk about our husband's strange habits (just kidding, honey - we didn't' actually do this, I just added it so the afternoon would seem really girly. Really.), and compare notes on food. We actually spent a lot of time talking about food. Even after we ate, we still talked about food. I guess we're just that kind of girls.


Funny animals....
Nate accompanied Jackson's class on a field trip to an ostrich farm recently. Check out this guy...

Nate said they all looked like hand puppets. I think the Kindergartners all really enjoyed it. As the only male chaperon, I think Nate's job involved a lot of managing little boys in the restroom. He actually studied the class picture the week before the trip (I know, he's so good!) so he'd be able to be helpful. Jackson was so excited for his dad to be on the trip.


New Word...
Decessery - the friendship between Jackson and Delaney. I am unsure of what actual part of speech it is as it has been used in many different ways. The term was coined this morning by Delaney during a family snuggle. Nate and I have decided it really is short for Delaney accessory, as in she thinks her brother is her accessory.

Interesting Conversations...
Jackson and I continue to have the most wonderful conversations as he is supposed to be falling asleep at night. We've talked about how the baby will get out of my body (I gave more of an anatomy lesson than I really wanted to), how deep the ocean is, why it's dark at the bottom of the sea, why the Titanic sank and didn't have enough life boats, etc. If you ever want to have a really great and interesting conversation with this kid, you just have to get him ready for bed, turn off the lights, and lay down with him for a few minutes. I'm not sure what it is. I don't think it's a procrastinating technique; I think its more that he's finally just still enough and his mind starts to wander, but his body can't follow.

1 comment:

Shel Barker said...

Hey Babes...I realized that I lost the pedicure bet...so ah, how far off was I? We've all been trying to get details on Drew (CONGRATULATIONS SWEETIE)...do tell. When was the actual day?