Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Delaney Turns 3!

Delaney started her big day with pancakes, followed by nail painting, painting with new water colors, and then errands. And...she did it all in her Cinderella dress. I made a big point that I was painting her nails only because it was her birthday and that we don't paint little girl nails all the time. She reminded me that Grandma paints her (Delaney's) nails. Thanks Mom. I told her that Grandmas were also special occasions.

Everywhere we went, people ogled over her princess dress and asked if it was her birthday. She quickly caught on and began to let people know that "I was already 3 when I woke up this morning." It was Jackson's school's Open House that afternoon, so she even got to wear the princess dress to his school and show off for all the big kids.

We had purchased a scooter for her, but when we opened the box to put it together, we discovered it had already been purchased, assembled, used, and returned to the store. It was scratched up and peeling. Nice. So, on her birthday I took her back to the store to get a different one. She was delighted to ride it around the patio with her brother that evening. (Jackson gave her the required helmet and pads, which she loves to wear!) I took her to Chuck E Cheese for lunch (ugh) also. She had a good time. We'll have a party for her in another week (I'm sure we'll blog that as well.) It will be a princess party, of course.

Here's a short clip of Delaney enjoying her new scooter. She calls the tassles the scooter's hair. Hey, by the way, don't look too closely at the back patio - we're still getting settled-in in the back yard.

No comments: