Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Funny kid things....

What happened to the "stare you awake?"
So I woke up this morning (I mean 3:30 AM) snuggling with Jackson. He had a bad dream and climbed right into our bed next to me. I remember standing at my parent's bed just staring at my mom until she somehow knew to wake up and invite me in for a cuddle after a bad dream. There was no staring - he just climbed in. He didn't want to talk about the dream and started his usual "trying to go to sleep fidgeting" which really drives me crazy and keeps me awake. Now there's not much room in the bed these days between Nate, me, my belly, and all of the pillows that my belly and aching back require, so I was snuggled up pretty close to JAC. Just as I started to drift off, the kid had the gall to turn to me and say, "Mom, that snoring really hurts my ear." Needless to say, I took him back to his bed and laid down on his floor until he went to sleep (I was also able to drift off). My sore body was very glad to get back in my own bed and to my colony of pillows at 5:40 this morning. Nate, of course, peacefully slept through the entire episode. He's always surprised that someone cried during the night, like the night last week when Delaney and I acheived together, maybe 3 hours of sleep total. We also had a bowl of cereal at 3:40 because we were both hungry by then. (She's cutting 4 molars at once.) It just infuriates me that he can sleep so sound -I'm JEALOUS!

"It's not a kiss!"
So tonight after dinner, Delaney and I were giving fish kisses (you know, make a fish face and then give a kiss.) She kept wanting to just press our lips together. I said, "Do you just want a regular kiss from Mommy?" Her reply...."It's NOT a kiss, Mommy! It's a mouth hug!" Have I mentioned that she has recently started referring to me as "girl" also, as in..."What are you doin', girl?" I must admit, I've called her girl, baby girl, etc. so I know exactly where it comes from. It's just funny to hear your own words back, well sometimes at least. Later tonight, she answered me with "I have no idea what you're talking about."

No comments: