Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Sunday, April 24, 2005


Jackson, 2 1/2, with Delaney as she arrives home from the hospital. Posted by Hello

I find the first thing to come to my mind, often these days, is to look for differences and similarities between Delaney and her brother, Jackson. Already, many are showing.
  • Delaney sleeps (so far) so much more than Jackson did, and her alert periods are much quieter. Jen is afraid to talk to much about it, since she's waiting for the other shoe to drop and to be up every 90 minutes, like she was with Jackson.
  • One difference, I find, is with me. Due to experience with Jackson's infant cries, I almost immediately was able to tell when Delaney was hungry, as opposed to merely physically uncomfortable.

Come to think of it, a lot of the differences are with me and Jen, rather than between Jackson and Delaney! I'm sure that will continue...

No comments: